Pulling Rabbits out of Hats
This is probably my favourite idiom:
To do something surprising and seemingly impossible; to produce something in a way that has no obvious explanation, as if done by magick. A reference to the magician’s trick of literally pulling a live rabbit out of a hat.
Humans are at our best when our backs are pushed up against a wall. It is then, under that pressure, that we are forced to come up with a solution that we would not have ordinarily discovered.
It is questionable whether we always need to be under negative pressure to ‘pull a rabbit out of a hat’, but what is clear is there needs to be a drive or a pressure.
There is a unique impulse humans have and that is to create … This unique impulse to create is a drive. It is our natural state to be alive with this impulse.
The challenge is that we as humans are getting dulled down by the ‘ordinary,’ by ‘mediocracy’, by things being ‘ok’. Being comfortable is something we deserve, but it is not meant to be a trap that keeps us there as a prisoner surrounded by comfortable bedding. It is a cunning entrapment. We are meant to live ALIVE, with the pulse of new ideas and new possibilities flowing through us, with as much equal measure as love, joy, kindness and beauty.
At this point, we need a negative impulse to push us into the new … such as the worldwide Corona pandemic. Only under this pressure will a re-birth be possible with the emergence of even more new ideas, deeper realisations about what is important and how to shift how we live life.
When we do have a negative event that has occurred in our life, know that it is calling us to shift, to move somewhere we had not wanted to go willingly, BUT that it can lead us to a good place. We all have this choice AND we are all designed to be able to thrive and create something new in a challenging situation. This is the defining quality of all humans. In fact, if there is one thing we share in common amongst all this diversity, it is this ability.
Here is a link showing 17 different innovative ways of addressing water and sanitation and is just one example of the innovative solutions that are possible to create a better world.
We are all being asked to find new solutions to live a better quality life and this can lead us to be more in tune with each of our own unique creative impulses.
Many of us have been forced into a box based on aptitude and career testing. Had I followed the testing I went through at High School, I would have been a computer scientist today. It honestly would have killed me. Instead I have been Head of a Department at a University teaching Fine Art, I have exhibited at international museums & galleries throughout the world, I’ve had my art published, I’ve had front page articles as a journalist, I’ve run empowerment projects for children in prisons and youth at risk, I helped to launch the South African Centre of Photography, I’ve anchored an Ancient Mystery School in South Africa allowing thousands of others to have access to the ancient mysteries, and parallel to other passions, I am moving into the realm of publishing my first book, among many other projects that are still under the lid. I have had an enriching and full life following the drum of my own heartbeat.
Point is we are not just one thing, and we can follow the impulses of our soul, pull rabbits out of hats, make the impossible possible and it will lead us to a successful place.
The unique gifts that we haven’t dug deep enough yet to find, we have all received, and have been forged in the Furnace of Abundance. Why would our greatest gifts not be the access to our abundance? And why would those gifts not automatically contribute to a greater world if they come from our heart, a place of good and beauty?
Our job is to listen to them, and when we are feeling dead and not alive, this is when we need to listen to the intelligence of our heart, and know that the ability to make the impossible possible lies within that cosmic intelligence.
In the heart is the access point to our desires and the impulse to create. We need to keep this alive at all costs so we don’t always need experiences of negativity to force us to access it. We can literally live this way everyday.
Some things you can do to live alive everyday:
- Be aware when your mind ‘reasons’ with you, and tries to convince you to do something because ‘this is the logical thing to do’. (A desire needs to be distinguished from an obsessive feeling: e.g. an addictive feeling to stay with someone who is not good for you or confusing the intense feeling of any kind of addiction as pure desire. Messages from your heart will NOT lead you to a bad place in your life. So be honest about the distinction!)
- Once you have realised that you are arguing and reasoning with yourself, acknowledge that, and then ask yourself what is truly in your heart.
- If you can then hear what you REALLY want to do: decide that this is what you want to do. Make a commitment to this. Because once you have made a commitment:
- Solutions and ideas you had not thought of, will start popping into your head.
- Then start acting on these ideas, and do them no matter what anyone says. The intelligence of your heart knows where you need to go.
- Once you have learned how to live from this place, you will know what it feels like to Iive from your heart and knowing that difference is a superpower! Then you can adjust yourself constantly in life and live from that place.
Attitudes to craft in order to be able to Pull Rabbits out of Hats:
- Curiosity: Do not leave any stone unturned. When you have a question pop into your head, keep asking it until you have an answer. Your curiosity is like a clue leading you to a solution.
- Doggedness: study a Jack Russel with a bone. They will never give it up. Like never. Keep at your passion, and don’t let go. Perhaps take time to relax yes, but don’t give up on your vision.
- Relax! Yes relax! Learn relaxation techniques. I suggest Max Meditation SystemTM as it teaches you how to thoroughly relax the body so you can relax the mind.
- Believe in the ridiculous … a good movie to watch just to open yourself to your dreams is ‘The Greatest Showman’ or ‘Tolkien’. Just after my mom completed the Empower Thyself Class and Initiation and before I knew what that was, I picked her accounting brain and asked her how I could do 3 things: put a deposit down on a property, buy a new full frame digital SLR camera and buy a new car. I had only x amount of money and needed x3 to do this. She said to me 3 times over and over ‘My child you can do it!’. I was arguing with her how crazy that was, and the 3rd time, she said it with such authority that it hit my soul, and I heard her. And yes, I did the impossible and made all 3 happen with only the same x amount of money. Magick and miracles needs to be your byline too, because the impossible is possible! When you decide to throw away logic and do it anyway, you’ll be really surprised! Watch enough inspirational movies or whatever you need to do this so you too can believe this!
- Resist getting too comfortable: yes! Just when you ‘know you should do something’ but ‘don’t feel like it’, THAT is your cue to do it anyway. Fighting that inertia will unlock a wealth of fuel that will propel you to move forward.
These are just some of the things I have done. My home is a place of constant magick and miracles and making the impossible happen on a small and large scale. May this be your life too!
Byproducts of living a life like this:
- Lightness of being
- Faith, faith that you are safe, that there is more, that everything works out
About Julia Tiffin
Julia is a Modern Mystery School Speciality Teacher working globally to share ancient teachings to help you find your unique you & your navigational system within to live your most fulfilled life. She has trained since 2004 within the Modern Mystery School and specialises in the ancient arts of Healing & Sacred Geometry. She has a background as an international Fine Art photographer, exhibiting internationally and lecturing at tertiary institutions in South Africa.
Find out more: https://juliatiffin.com
Facebook: Julia Tiffin’s Practice
Pinterest: Julia Tiffin’s Practice